October 4, 2015

50 à TEUILLAC

PENCILANDBOXBOOKS. Our French friends H and B invited family and friends for a long B's birthday weekend in June at their house in Teuillac. We had lunch, dinner, and then breakfasted too. Most of the guests were of course French but in honor of the host (German born herself), there were a few German too, including her mother. M spoke mainly in English, as she usually does in these occasions, but this time she spoke quite more in French than usual. When in France I like speaking but in French but having there B's mother I enjoyed myself adventuring with her in my little German too. Spanish was not of great use, I'm afraid, during the whole weekend. 
I had promised B to make one of my books. I believe I have managed to capture the ambience of a vrai French gathering à la campagne. Click here to view.


Nuestros amigos franceses H y B nos invitaron a familia y amigos a un largo fin de semana de cumpleaños de B en Junio en su casa en Teuillac. Comimos, cenanos y luego desayunamos también. La mayoría de los invitados eran naturalmente franceses pero haciendo honor a la anfitriona (nacida alemana ella misma) había algunos alemanes también, incluída su madre. M habló en general en inglés, como suele hacer en estas ocasiones, pero esta vez habló un poco más en francés de lo habitual. En Francia a mi me suele gustar hablar solo en francés pero teniendo allí a la madre de B disfruté aventurándome en mi escaso alemán también. El castellano, me temo, no fue de gran uso durante todo el fin de semana.
Le había prometido a B hacer uno de mis libros. Creo haber conseguido captar el ambiente de un vrai encuentro de fin de semana francés à la campagne. Hacer ckick aquí para ver.

5 comments:

  1. I love gatherings with people from all sorts of backgrounds, different countries, and speaking different languages! Looking at the pictures, it looks like everybody had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could come over and discover yours. Gatherings like the one pictured in your post are great times for conversation and good food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinceramente, los gabachos siempre me han parecido un poco petulantes. He visto las mesas extremadamente vacías. ¿Qué comistéis? ¿champán? Vamos hombre, donde esté un buen chuletón a la brasa con unos pimientos de Lodosa, un buen rape con sus gulas al ajillo por todo lo alto y unas tartaletas de hongos recién cogidos (que es la época), que se quite lo demás. El postre sí se lo dejo a ellos, la tarta Tatín creo que ha sido su mejor invento, por lo menos para mi humilde paladar. Sin acritud ¿eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely seeing people from all cultures and backgrounds to unite like this and share some quality time! im sure they had a great day and so did i reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet of you. You seem to be a friendly person who have friends from all the cultures. Very few are like you. I am sure you people would enjoy the conversations when you get togather.

    ReplyDelete