September 29, 2011

PencilandBoxBooks

PHOTOGRAPHY. B asked me to make one of my photo-books, for her exhibition in Blaye. We went there, talked, ate, drank, and made a lot of pictures. 
The result is BARBARA À BLAYE, my first book on order!
I only "charged" her with the food and keep while at her place, and sent her in exchange the book, free-delivered too. So a business had started :-)  
Anyone with an idea - his house, her paintings, his town, her boat, his pier, you name it - is welcomed.  I will go, walk around, take the pictures, and the resulting book will then be delivered free, like Barbara's. 
No matter where you are, if you want the book, you just have to pick me at the closest airport/station and feed me while around taking the pictures. Isn't this a great business proposal?
.
NOTE: This offer is only available for Pencil&Box followers, so you better rush and become one if you haven't already :-)


B me pidió que hiciera uno de mis libros de fotos de su exhibición en Blaye. Fuimos, hablamos, comimos, bebimos e hice muchas fotos.
El resultado es BARBARA À BLAYE, mi primer libro de encargo!
Sólo tuvo que darme cobijo y comida durante la visita, y a cambio le envié el libro, a portes pagados. Así nacía este negocio :-) 
Cualquiera con una idea - su casa, sus cuadros, su pueblo, su barco, su muelle, lo que sea - es bienvenido. Iré, patearé, haré fotos, y tendrá su libro, totalmente gratis como el de Barbara.
No importa donde estés, si quieres el libro, solo tienes que recogerme en el aeropuerto/estación más cercano, y mantenerme durante mi estancia. ¿No es esta una propuesta razonable?
.
NOTA: Esta oferta es válida solo para seguidores de Pencil&Box, así que ya estás apuntándote si no lo habías hecho ya :-)


BARBARA À BLAYE is on-line on Blurb Bookstore, free for anyone to watch.
BARBARA À BLAYE se puede ver on-line en Blurb Bookstore.

18 comments:

  1. voy y echarle un vistazo qué idea más original!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful book!

    I just had a look!

    Thanx!
    Franka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, and beautiful artwork. Did your friend Barbara paint all the artwork in the book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a talented little thing. Would have you here in Toronto to take you up on your special for your followers, however with winter coming on will wait until it is warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool...the book looks very professional indeed.....very enterprising of you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book is beautiful with a variety of photos and scenes. What a wonderful idea! How do you feel about Alabama?

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent stuff! Sounds like you could have a popular "business"

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very interesting that you've come up with this project! It's too bad that I'm not in Europe and can't participate in such an exciting event.
    I wish you good luck and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea. If you need a helper for your USA book orders, you know where to find me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pet!!!! What a wonderful book and a fascinating business idea. If only Australia was not so far away. I might take you up on the offer when we are in Paris in a few years :)

    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  11. ... and that's a nice looking group in the blurb link... How many?? Tomas did a good job on the art work. Nice shot of the guy in the blue tee-shirt.

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely images, Pet!
    I do enjoy all the 'window views' very much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you have a wonderful new business in the making. Too bad you'd have to jump the Atlantic to get here! Best of luck. Now I'm off to see your book for myself. I love Blurb!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo, the book is gorgeous. I'm sure Barbara is very pleased. What a talent she is as well!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pet,
    Thank you for sharing the Alabama book with me. I left a comment for Tomas. Some of the places are very familiar to me and I'll have to look up Mrs.B's though! I hope the whole family will come again and we can meet in person and take a zillion photographs!

    V

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's a very good work and an excellent idea. congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Let me know if you want to come to Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tomo nota para cuando ande un poquito desahogado

    ReplyDelete