January 26, 2014

RAMSEY, LAND (and WATER) OF OPPORTUNITY

AROUND ATHENS. We went to watch an indoor Swimming Meet at Ramsey Center - Georgia vs North Carolina. The warmth of the cheering followers of the Georgia team made me jump into the water - I took my clothes right there on the stand - at the training pool besides. 
I made 2.500 meters - 100 laps - in 1 hour 6 minutes! I felt like pushed. 
Then I put my clothes back and went to enjoy the diving competition.
I've been regularly making the distance twice a week the last 2 years in San Sebastian, in Hegalak, the new underground pool by the beach, and have never managed to do it below 1h 10m. (Today in 1h12m i.e.).


Fuimos a ver una competición de natación a Ramsey Center - Georgia vs North Carolina. El calor de los seguidores animando al equipo de Georgia me hizo saltar al agua - me quité la ropa en las gradas - en la piscina de entrenamiento, junto a la que competían.
Hice 2.500 metros - 100 largos - en 1 hora y 6 minutos! Como si me empujaran.
Luego me vestí de nuevo y a disfrutar de los saltos de trampolín.
Llevo nadando regularmente la distancia dos veces a la semana durante los últimos 2 años en San Sebastian, en Hegalak, la nueva piscina subterránea junto a la playa, y nunca había conseguido bajar de 1h 10m (Hoy en 1h12m p.e.).

2 comments: